Re: 4 way flashers

To: dr-doug@classic.msn.com
Subject: Re: 4 way flashers
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 17:14:31 EST
Hi Dr. Doug,
  The six-terminal switch is wired (at least it's supposed to be wired if
we can believe diagram #13) with
 #1 GW to GW to right side flashing lights
 #2 GR to GR to left side flashing lights
 #3 LG to the flasher unit
 #4 connected to #3, then to the interior hazard warning indicator lamp
 #5  not there
 #6 not there
 #7 G to the turn signal flasher
 #8 G is power in to the switch.

  Could be that  the old 5-connector switch powered both left and right
side lights from one terminal in the switch vs the two terminals that the
newer switch used.  Didn't the older car have one fuse that protected all
the tail/brake lights?  The newer cars have a fuse for each side.
Bob