Re: List subject matter

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: List subject matter
From: Tom McLaughlin <tomm@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 11:52:17 -0600
All,

I usually lurk most of the time as I am a rookie, but add my 2 cents where
I can.  I just don't get all of the who-ha.  Setup an MGLIST mailbox and a
filter to push all mail from "mgs@autox.team.net" to that box.  Read them
when you get a chance, respond when you get a chance.  The most important
thing is that the subject reflect what is in the message.  IF YOU ARE NOT
INTERESTED, DON'T READ IT.  It seems to me that some people on the list
feel obligated to read and respond to almost every message.  Participation
makes the list, but many times I have written a reply and then deleted it
thinking, no one is really interested in this. (maybe this is one of them,
but I'm going to send it anyway)

My opinion, the personal touch on this list is what builds enthusiasm for
the hobby.  The technical portion brought me to the list, the stories and
miscelaneous ramblings is what keeps me.

YES to proposition keep the banter.

Regards,

Tom
77B