Re: Wire wheel conversion (was: GT Springs on a Roadster?)

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Wire wheel conversion (was: GT Springs on a Roadster?)
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 18:18:12 -0800
Paul Hunt wrote:

> If you compare the tyre - arch spacing at the rear you can see the conversion
>is
> different - less clearance - and this caused me a problem with rubbing on
> cornering.

This is a really stupid question, and I was just looking for the time to ask
it...but
where do you have to jack the car up on the rear of a wire wheeled MGB to get
the
tires off?  I tried to pull them before I left, and I put a jack under the
pumpkin in
the middle of the rear end.  When I jacked the car up, the rear suspension
traveled
upwards, which caused the upper sidewall of the tire to be blocked by the
fender
skirting.  Therfore, I couldn't take the *&#@ wheel off!  Do you need to jack
the car
up where the springs meet the frame ahead of the wheel?  Do I maybe need new
springs?
 Please tell me someone else had this problem!!!
--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College