Re: Advice on a MGC wanted

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Kurt Bangert" <kbangert@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Advice on a MGC wanted
From: "JedPiper" <JedPiper@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 12:45:54 -0600
Kurt -

Were I in your shoes, my primary concern when evaluating this purchase
(aside from driving a sports car with an automatic transmission) would be
the availability of parts for the tranny should it crap out on you.  My
guess is that parts are mighty scarce!

However, if the price is right, the car is in decent shape and has a good
maintenance history you might proceed with the purchase with the knowledge
that you can make a project of installing a manual transmission if and when
the auto finally gives up the ghost.

FYI - In the Nov. 97 issue of Hemmings, a restored '69 C with an auto was
advertised for $6500.00.

Good luck,

  Jed Piper
Formerly of Ottumwa