Germany (LOW MG content)

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Germany (LOW MG content)
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 18:17:10 -0600
Listers:
Just got back from a month in Germany on biz. Car heaven! At least from =
a density point of view, the traffic is horrible. Got my first up close =
of a pretty white MGF being rented by a German couple at my motel. Nice =
car! Although I have to say, if you will pardon the blasphemy, that the =
new Alfa/Fiat Spiders are gorgeous too! Sorry, it's true...
I saw a nice B whiz by too, the only one I saw the whole time, a '71 or =
'72 I think.
My father-in-law wants to GIVE me his '83 Jaguar 4.2 (XJ-6) in a couple =
of years. I had to explain to him about the conversion to American =
specs, etc. ( I didn't want to tell him that they are really not all =
that valuable here as they are plentiful and, let's admit it, great =
lumbering beasts with wimpy 6-bangers) I did tell him that a lot of =
folks toss 350 Chevys in 'em though...he kinda shook his head. Now what =
what YOU do?=20
Dan
Still in a holding pattern financially but keeping an eye out for my =
'68-'74 B
Anyone wanna rent a house near Ft. Hood, TX????
P.S. Thanks for all the responses to my Engine Rebuild Time question!!!