RE: Old Farts (no MG)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Old Farts (no MG)
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 13:58:20 -0700
At  1:13 PM 11/22/97 +0000, doug russell wrote:
>Need something with an 'O' - hmmm.  Seems to me you ought to get a few of the
>listers to send you their picture so you can show the kids what an Old Fart
>looks like.
>
>Dr. Doug

I'm catchng up on my mail, since I went to Disneyland over the weekend.
All you people with your "warped" sense of humor got me in trouble there.
Here I was, rowing a canoe around the river area near Tom Sawyer's Island
when our leader starts making comments about some of us not rowing.  The
man behind me (about 60) starts making comments about us younger people
doing enough rowing for all the old . . . farts, I said without thinking.
Now, if I hadn't been on this list, I wouldn't use that term nearly as
readily.  Luckily for me, everyone on the canoe thought it was pretty
funny, but I guess I'll have to watch what I say from now on.  Does this
qualify me for old fart in training  status?  Nina