RE: Advice on MGC Wanted

To: "'kbangert@worldnet.att.net'" <kbangert@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Advice on MGC Wanted
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 10:40:55 -0600
Kurt,

I'm not done with the digest, still reading the weekends list. However,
I have just read two unfortunate replies to your request. Hope as I read
further I will find more accurate responses.

Parts: Many parts are available now. There are two companies in England
that specialize in C parts, and here in the US VB lists C parts as well.
Kirk's Auto Refiters in Davenport is another source. The auto
transmission is based on a US transmission, fairly standard, and rebuild
kits are easily available. If the auto goes out, you can always get a
manual which will drop right in without any fuss.

Handling: Yes, the handling leaves something to be desired. I usually
requires uprated shocks and torsion bar to help, but having the correct
tire pressures goes a long way to correcting that. Turns lock to lock
are higher than the B, and there used to be a modification for that, but
it is no longer available. Parts are often more expensive than the B
because there are fewer Cs, and therefore the costs must be made up over
fewer sales.

Support: The MGC Registry has a large number of folks who will always
help. One of them usually has used parts that no one else has, and is
willing to share them.

Evaluation: The original poor reviews were a result of a number of dumb
things.
Some were due to politics, a lot was the stupidity of BMC. There have
been several articles of late that refute the original reviews. I'll see
if I can find one and send it to you if you want.

If you send my your address I'll copy the latest issue of "C Notes", and
send it to you. Also, if you wish, I will also dig up the file I posted
on my trip to the C even in Gettysburg. It was called C is for Comfort,
and tell of the great time I had driving the car. It is nice to have a
car with a bit of power, and a quiet engine.

I would sign this with the license plate I saw in Gettysburg, but I do
have a BGT which I also love. The plate said "NO B 4 ME".

Don't let they negative people ruin you chance to get a great car.

Jack