Slow coolant leaks.

To: MG Enthusiasts <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Slow coolant leaks.
From: "Michael F. Adamson" <madamson@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 10:15:14 -0500
BobMGT wrote:

>>Just had a bunch of work done on the MGB. New springs all the
way around, new gas tank, new steering rack boots, completely
new exhaust, tune up etc. The mechanic found a crack at the neck of
the radiator. Who knows how long it's been there. I guess the
coolants been running at 0 psi. He had it fixed and boiled out.
Well, 70 miles later I found a few drops of green liquid around
number two spark plug....>>

Interesting.  Could we have a head gasket leak?  You might want to retorq=
ue
the head per the manual (proper order and torque).

<<.... and a little weaping around the freeze
plugs. The radiator is full right up to the cap, so nothing is coming out=

fast.

Good! =

<<Should I just watch it?
Take it back to the shop?
Try some Barrs Leak? (I've had great luck with this stuff on US iron.)>>

Two out of three anyway.  Watch it and try some Barrs (actually recommend=
ed
by a couple of radiator repair people for pinholed aging radiators).  =

Remember the law of entropy was formulated by a LBC owner who watched his=

"jewel" fulfill its ultimate destiny as a flower pot.

<<BTW, the car is running great.>>

After all the repairs it would be tragic if it wasn't.  I'd be pissed off=
!

Regards,

Michael.

Neurosis is always a substitute for legitimate suffering
                        Carl Jung
Carl never owned a LBC.