Re: Computers not MGs (ran out of options)

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Computers not MGs (ran out of options)
From: Engelhardt <engel@metro.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 20:22:38 -0800
Larry,

The easiest way for you to proceed is to set the new drive as the
master, the old drive as the slave. You should have gotten partitioning
software with the new drive (Disk Manager or the like). If not it should
be available at Seagate's web site. Use this to set up the drive then
copy everything on old drive to the new drive. Check to see whether the
partitioning software places a command in the config sys (it will be
necessary to access the drive) before copying over it. You should be
able to get a second controller for the CD if you have an open slot.
Another alternative would be to buy an enhanced controller to run the
drives. They come with firmware to handle the larger drives.

Good Luck,
Ron
58MGA
Computer Technician www.metro.net/engel