Midget Overdrive - help needed

To: Everybody <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Midget Overdrive - help needed
From: Guy Weller <GuyWeller@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 16:51:23 -0500
So I=92ve completed the conversion, and fitted a Laycock J-type overdrive=

into my 1500 Midget.
It drives beautifully  - but the overdrive won=92t engage !!
Help !!
Power is getting to the solenoid, via the 3rd/4th gear lockout switch and=

the gear lever switch.  I checked that with a meter at each of the switch=
es
in turn and they all  seem to work fine.  Its just that nothing happens
when I switch in and out of o/d.  Not even a clunk, click. =

Does it matter which way round the solenoid terminals are connected?
How do I check the solenoid?
Can I remove it without draining the nice new oil I=92ve just put in? =

Guy,

1500 Midget, '77
1275 Sprite    '70