Re: Startup Wear

To: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Subject: Re: Startup Wear
From: Peter Landy <plandy@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 17:14:24 -0800
Gregory Kirk wrote:

> I've thought about it, but the carrier oil in Slick 50 is 10w30 (if I
> recall correctly), and Gidget requires 20w50, so until I can get it in a
> carrier closer to what the Midget requires, no go.
>
> At 10:58 AM 11/29/97 -0600, J. Neil Doane wrote:
> >
> >With all this discussion about 'startup wear' I am wondering if anyone has
> >had any experience using stuff like Slick50 (and/or it's off-brand
> >counterparts) in an MG.

For years I've used a product called Tufoil with good results.  With
this product I don't think it matters what weight oil it's mixed with.
However, after switching to Mobil One synthetics I found that additives
no longer contributed to additional benefits.  If you have an expensive
engine to protect then synthetics is the way to go.

Peter Landy
'74 Bgt