Re: Dreaded DPO maneuvers

To: steveb5815@edgenet.net
Subject: Re: Dreaded DPO maneuvers
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 13:45:13 EST
On Mon, 01 Dec 1997 13:07:58 -0500 Steve Bettencourt
<steveb5815@edgenet.net> writes:
>This weekend I finally got some time to work on the '76 B. It was
>purchased to be a parts donor for the '79 but the body and underbody
isn't all
>that bad, it runs really good so it just might be worth saving.
(snip)
>Now the problem is I'll probably need to get another parts car to get
>stuff for the '79.
>
>Oh well.
>Steve Bettencourt
>'79 MGB
>'76 MGB

Thats what tends to happen........
When i returned to "the fold" - what i wanted was a BGT but at the time
i was looking there were no worthwhile ones on the market - but i ran
across my 72 which at that time was a very sad article indeed but i
bought it
since it was cheap (!) and voila! (12 months and mucho dinero...) a parts
car became a driver - and a very nice one too even if i say so myself!
the trouble was - it needed some engine work (still does btw... but runs
just fine.)
so i looked around for a parts car with a strong engine and a "who cares"
body......
Voila! - i found the 69 which was sound in all the right areas INCLUDING
the
body at a very reasonable price - now ive got more dinero into this one
and
its a daily driver (except as now when ive screwed up the timing!)
Oh - I got the BGT in the end - and as any of you who have seen it
lavished
even more money on it and love it as a son!
Now.......I need a parts car........

mike robson
69 former parts car
70 BGT
72 former parts car
69 engine in someone elses garage awaiting transfer into the 72
?? overdrive in NJ awaiting transfer into the 69..........