re: Why an MG?/reply/Wow?!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: Why an MG?/reply/Wow?!
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 20:00:41 -0600 (CST)
You wrote:
>> The majority of the people on this list are enthusiasts who keep
their
>> cars in top condition and there are few cars in this kind of
condition
>> that are NOT worth $5,000, $6,000 and in some cases $10,000 dollars.
>> Safety Fast, ( I have no lack of power in my Bs)
>> David Deutsch
>
>Seriously? Wow...maybe I'm on the wrong list, mine cost $2300, needs a
>paint job, a new top and a bunch of other junk and white smoke came
out
>of the steering column when I tried to get the map light to work. Is
there
>a list more suited to us poor folks with nothing-like-new MGs?
>
>Safety? Fast?
>neil doane

I certainly did not look to start an argument here. Maybe I'm on the
wrong list? I just don't understand the "why should I buy an MG?, when
for the same money I could own a......." kind of mentality. If this
list has just become a group people who own MGs because they can not
afford something else that they would really rather have, please let me
know and I'm definitely out of here. This list, I think, is an MG
enthusiast's list. This last "Why an MG" thread is more MG bashing than
anything else. I'm sorry if I've offended anybody, this was not my
intention. I'm sorry that John does not feel MGs are a viable means of
daily transportation, I just happen to have a very different opinion.

As far as value goes, I know want a needy MG costs and what it takes to
make one of these into an reliable, good MG. The difference between
these two conditions is the the difference between a $2,300 or less and
a $5,000 or more MG.

If differences of opinions are not to be tolerated here, please let me
know this also, cause once again I would be on a list which I do not
wish to on.
Safety Fast,
David Deutsch