Re: Styling and clubs some drivel

To: jemery@mint.net, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: Styling and clubs some drivel
From: MGSMGBGT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 22:34:36 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 11/27/97 12:20:56 PM, jemery@mint.net wrote:

<<My idea:  Hold all club meetings in a garage.  So that you can remember
what
the club is for, cars, British sportscars.  Leave your minivans home.

My MG can beat up your MG

Jack Emery  '67 MGB V-8

Jack Emery
'67 MGB V-8
Glenburn Maine

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been away for awhile.  I mostly agree with
the tone and direction of this response.  I do, however, take exception the
club snobbery aspect.  In Lincoln, most of us play together regardless of the
marque.  There are some who do not often play with us, to be sure, but they
are mostly the trailer and polish group.  We generally do not care if we win
at shows (although we do win our share), frequently play er ah meet in
various member's garages, and many own multiple marques.  But to those who
are afraid to use their cars for fear of getting a scratch or a ding while
using it the way it is supposed to be used, don't let the garage
Bob Shaw
slowly reassembling the killer '57 A in
Lincoln, NE.