-I- Buick Interiors WAS: Re: How Triumph lost their underwear

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: -I- Buick Interiors WAS: Re: How Triumph lost their underwear
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 00:18:48 -0500
>Detroit has had it's problems too. My 82 Buick Skylark was a disaster.
>After a few years all the interior disintegrated! The headliner and the
>visors were just hanging in tatters. The vinyl crumbled into dust. The paint
>cracked and fell off. I figured it was an environmental feature, a
>biodegradable car!

Funny. Many Detroit cars started to have problems in the early 80s. Things
got better by the late 80's.

I had a 69 Skylark that had an absolute MINT interior. Well, except for the
tear in the seat. I guess the old saying "they don't build 'em like they
used to?"

Which scares me about my MG - it was built at the apex of cheapness in car
manufacturing. Even looking at mint interiors on later B's, I just can't
help thinking that a machine most have stamped out thousands of them,
because they are so plasticy and mass-produced looking.

BEN RUSET
78 MGB Roadster - 89 Mercury Cougar
Crossroads - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
^^^ Personal Web Page
Saftey Fast! - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis
^^^ Note: Under construction, and taking submissions!