Re: More on Why an MG.

To: <MGMagnette@aol.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: More on Why an MG.
From: Jim Sharp <jimsharp@ipa.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 97 21:03:43 -0600
>Mentioned:  $6000 is a small price to pay to escape the likes of Al Gore.
>  While I 100% support escaping Al Gore, at almost any cost, it was once true
>that an MGB was a cheap fun car.  Being cheap was part of the MG mystique.
> But some jerks got rid of the cheap part.  This makes it VERY difficult for
>those of us who are in college and working part time to buy what was once
>almost a god given right for teenagers.

I don't know where everyone is finding these $6000 MGs but I have a 72
MGB for $2200 and a 74 BGT for $2000 and a whole attic full of parts that
the wife say's must go. It seems that in the central part of the country
(Fort Smith Arkansas) that MG's are not very popular anymore. I have put
ads in the local paper and the response has been much less than I would
have thought. I know that there has been a big discussion about selling
stuff on the list. If any one is interested please e-mail me direct and
don't burden the list.

Jim Sharp
501 484-1080