Re: Yankee Go Home (now about 10 miles off topic)

To: "Littlesuzn" <Littlesuzn@aol.com>, "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Yankee Go Home (now about 10 miles off topic)
From: Philip Raby <philip.raby@eos-magazine.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 97 11:51:22 -0000
On 5/12/97 10:38 am Littlesuzn said

Thanks for your reply Susan.

><< Sorry to drag this out, but the UK definately produces the world's best
> hi-fi. ......  If you doubt this, listen to a Scottish Linn system - superb,
>but pricey.>>
>
>Undoubtably, you have never heard of McIntosh in Binghamton NY.....
Don't they make cool computers?  ;-)

>However, Linn DOES make the best turntables (for listening to the "Sounds of
>Sebring" which has many LITTLE BRITISH CARS sounds).
And a range of excellent amps, CD player and speakers. You can get a nice
system for the price of a new MGF.
There's also Quad, Nad, Naim to name but three, and countless speaker
manufacturers.

><< Japanese companies set up research centres here to tap into the
> expertise.>>
>Does that mean "steal" in the Queens English ?
Sort of, I guess. The theory is that Japanese taste is different to
Western taste. Which is why Japanese hi-fi sounds crap to us. So they get
us to develop systems for our markets.

Umm, this could lead to a very anoraky HiFi thread, and there's me just
started a Mac v PC one by mistake. :-) Best get back to the business of
MGs!

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk