Re: Frame paint

To: MIKE HIRSCHMAN <mhirsch1@FAIRVIEW.ORG>
Subject: Re: Frame paint
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 15:42:02 -0600
MIKE HIRSCHMAN wrote:

> What did you use to prepare and paint your MG frame?  Anybody use
> Eastwoods Corroless or their Chassis Black paint?  Any
> recommendations.  Thanks in advance for your comments.  Mike

Mike,

I built a pressure sand blaster for my compressor and completely
sandblasted the frame of my MGA. Then primed using Rustoleum primer.
Followed it with Matte Black Rustoleum. I thinned the paint and used a
touch-up gun.

In general, I don't think you can beat Rustoleum for rust protection.
Especially if you get down to bare metal to start with. Can't tell you
how long it lasts yet. Just did it this year and the restored chassis /
running gear is put away for the winter. Will get to the rest of the car
next spring.

Chuck Schaefer
MGA 1600 coupe
MGA 1500 roadster (under restoration)