Re: More on Why an MG / Cost

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More on Why an MG / Cost
From: Bob MGT <BobMGT@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 16:26:37 EST

> >I don't know where everyone is finding these $6000 MGs but I have a 72
>  >MGB for $2200 and a 74 BGT for $2000 and a whole attic full of parts that
>  >the wife say's must go. It seems that in the central part of the country
>  >(Fort Smith Arkansas) that MG's are not very popular anymore. I have put
>  >ads in the local paper and the response has been much less than I would
>  >have thought. I know that there has been a big discussion about selling
>  >stuff on the list. If any one is interested please e-mail me direct and
>  >don't burden the list.

I bought a 71 B for $2400 that looked good and ran good. Then I had to put
$6000 into it to take care of all the hidden problems: rust, exhaust,
suspension,
gas tank, cracked head, etc. I'm probably the worlds worst used car shopper
(or maybe just the unluckiest). I passed up several restored cars that were in
the $6000 range. Consider any unrestored car as old as an MG to be a
fixer-upper! I'm well on my way to one of those $15K  MG's we talked about
in an earlier thread. I figure anybody that has restored an MG ain't gonna
sell it for under $6000, and any unrestored MG needs alot of work.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336