Are there some common crosses for...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Are there some common crosses for...
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 21:40:39 -0800 (PST)
a '59 Austin A55

Clutch Master Cylinder          3H 3039
Clutch Slave Cylinder           3H 2964

Brake Master Cylinder           3H 3038
Front right brake cylinder     17H 4371
Front left brake cylinder      17H 4370
Rear cylinder                  17H 4372

Both of the master cylinders look like the MGA Twin Cam/Deluxe or and MGC
clutch master cylinder. The brake bits might cross to an MGA or Metroplitan.

Reason I'm asking is that I saved one from the crusher. It came thru a car
donation program of a local charity. The story I've been told is the old
owner had it sitting around in his garage for 20 years. Decided to get it
running again, so it was taken to a shop. They got the motor running again.
Added a bunch of new electircal bits like a voltage regulator, points, plug
wires, etc. But when he found out how much the brake and clutch work was
going to run he decided to donate it. It's really not in bad shape some
surface rust, but no real rust.

Thanks, Lane