Re: Datsun 2000 -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Datsun 2000 -Reply
From: Kenneth Scott <KSCOTT@HOLYCROSS.EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 16:51:26 -0500
Don,
        If you can find one in good condition it will certainly be
fun to drive.  I really loved mine.  The only reason I gave the
alternative is that I saw a thread a while back about this and
the gentleman who was discussing the 2000 was talking
about parts and prices an I almost fainted when I saw the
hundreds and even thousands ( engine & tranny related bits)
wanted for some parts.  I recently saw a Datsun 1600 for
sale here in Massachusetts but the 1600 was a real dog for
performance. If you want more performance for your BGT but
don't want to go the V8 route you can always purchase a
complete B engine which has been boosted to about 130 or
so HP for under 2000 (or so I have been told).  Hemmings
might have something for you.
Good luck in your quest.
Ken Scott  77 MGB (In the garage, salt is bad arround here)