RE: MG trip to England (Going off topic to Brewing Art)

To: "Phil" <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>, <hert@worldaccess.nl>,
Subject: RE: MG trip to England (Going off topic to Brewing Art)
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 97 13:39:48 -0500
On 12/11/97 12:57 PM so and so  Phil said. (And I quote)

>On 11/12/97 3:52 pm hert@worldaccess.nl said
>
>>Are we boring the Yanks off the list already? Is this payback for the 4th
>>of July stuff?
>Dunno, but I'm getting bored about this Dan chap they keep going on about
>today. Who the hell IS he???
>
>Philip Raby
>Editor, MG World
>PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
>Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
>www.chp.ltd.uk
Philip,
As today is also my birthday so I remember Dan Hughes Day very well. On
Dec 11 of last year He set hi mail client to automatically respond to
messages in his in box as he would be out of the office until the 17th.
Every time a post from the MG list hit his mail it generated a auto
response and then that generated a new response and so on and so on. I
had to clear nearly 500 messages out of my inbox and that was after my
connection killed my mail (AOL) Some people had more messages. It tied up
the entire list for the better part of the day. Mark finally killed his
account and then went on to arbitrarily put all AOL users on the digest
whether we wanted to be there or not. The whole thing was a disaster for
one day. I am currently not on AOL for this list so I do not know if Mark
ever relented and let them off the mandatory digest ban or not. Now it's
a joke but that was a day from hell.
You'll probably hear the same story from others so Sorry

Larry Macy (41 today)
78 MIdget (20 in April)