Re: MG trip to Scot.(Going ot to single malt scotch)

To: Engelhardt <engel@metro.net>
Subject: Re: MG trip to Scot.(Going ot to single malt scotch)
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 20:14:46 -0800
Engelhardt wrote:

> Back when I was in college I had some Oisgebaugh (sp?). I was told that
> it was Irish Whiskey and that the name was Gaelic and meant "water of
> life" or some such thing. It is also the root word from which whiskey
> descends. It was truly the best whiskey and might even be worth the $48!

I had some stuff from Costa Rica that my comrades described as "The Scotch of
Costa
Rica."  It had a long Spanish name that vaguely translated to "Hot Water."  It
was
clear, and smelled like rubbing alcohol.  They thought that it was about 150
proof or
more.  Turns out, it wasn't sold in the states for some reason.  After one
shot, I
figured out what that reason was...

Oddly enough, Mr. Hughes, I will be out of my campus until January.  However,
I'm not
setting up my machine to wreak havoc on the list, I'm taking it home with me.
Any
personal correspondence can be sent to mslishego@aol.com   I'll be on the list
as
soon as time permits, with questins about my upcoming brake line replacement.
Happy
Holidays!
--
Michael S. Lishego