MGBvs.Datsun/Honda musings

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGBvs.Datsun/Honda musings
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 11:22:03 -0500
While musing on the differing memories of the Datsun Fairlady, I dug a bit
deeper into its background. There was of course the 1500, with only
77-80bhp, no one would confuse it with a road rocket. The 1600s started with
90bhp, but at some point became 96bhp with five-bearing crankshafts. Despite
slower 0-60 times and slightly slower top end than a B, it was significantly
faster to 100, 25secs versus the Bs 37sec.
 As for the Honda 800, I remember one used car dealer nearby, in the mid
70s, that had one sitting next to an Alfa Giulietta Sprint and a Porsche
356. The Honda was in very good shape, the Alfa scruffy around the edges,
the Porsche scruffy and needing a paint job. All of them ran well enough,
and the guy wanted "about three or four hundred dollars" for each of them.
If I'd known then what I know now...

Michael, New Bern, NC