Re: Bonnet pull cable length for MGB?

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bonnet pull cable length for MGB?
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 16:39:11 -0500
Trevor -
Glad you got it open.  To prevent this kind of thing happening with my
Midget, I made a secondary cable pull from aircraft safety wire, attached
it to the bonnet latch lever, and routed it out through the splash panel
inboard of the left fender.  I made a loop with some plastic tubing on it
as a handle.  After doing this as a "backup" measure, I discovered how
convenient it is when I want to open the bonnet:  I don't have to get back
in the car.  Also, I rarely use the main bonnet release cable, so it should
last longer.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009 G    "OO NINE"