UK vs US and some MG content

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: UK vs US and some MG content
From: keithw@sand.net
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 97 12:54:17 PST
>>>the Americans you are refering to ???   That group......
>>
>>Ah, bur we've got Polaris submarines with nuclear warheads and no Soviets
>>to point them at any more. It'd be a shame to waste 'em ........ ;-)
>
>Yeah, I hear England is pretty upse. Seems that they're a tad steamed over
>the loss of some crates of tea in 1776...

Seen on an MGC GT in a rally I ran:  "Paul Revere was a snitch"

MG stuff:  anyone else here ever had a core/freeze plug pop out?
Sounded like a bloody pistol shot!  Close inspection showed signs
of weeping, maybe it was corrosion.  The engine had 25k plus miles
over the course of a year and a half, so it's not like it was
something I just didn't put in right.  Anyways, going to visit a
friend last night the freeze plug over the oil filter decided
it no longer desired to be one with the car, and left the building.
Bang!!  And a huge cloud of steam.  At least I was close to my
friends place.  I picked up one of those rubber with a bolt through
it things and it seems fine now.  I'm going to check everything over
today, of course the engine temped spiked but I had it off the road
fairly quickly.  I'm *so* glad it wasn't the one on the back of
the engine!  Knock on wood...

-Keith Wheeler

Team Sanctuary