RE: MGF? No, merci, Compromise...

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: MGF? No, merci, Compromise...
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 20:41:28 -0600
I guess my comment on compromise was subjective at best.
I was referring to styling cues and the "wind-tunnel look". And I do =
really think that a car with no AC, roll up windows (if any), etc, WOULD =
sell, its all in the marketing! Call it retro if you like, but there is =
absolutely no way a tiny 2 seater should cost what a new Miata or Z3 =
goes for! Screw the leather, CD players, AC and the other comforts. It =
doesn't even have to be incredibly fast, just good handling and enough =
"styling cues" from the past to conjure up old memories, and a killer ad =
campaign to boot (that's the cynical, realistic part), for no more than =
$15k, and I BET people would come running with check books in =
hand...Question is, can it be done?
Parts-wise, it can be a big compromise as long as it fits the =
description above.
Dan