Re: MGB spin on filter alignment?

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: MGB spin on filter alignment?
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 09:11:20 EST
I tried that once and it didn't work.  The reason that they get bent is
that someone w/ gorilla arms tightens them down.  Along you come and end
up bending the center pipe trying to remove it.  You have two options:
        1.  Try to bend the center pipe back to plumb once the old filter
is off.  The sooner the better as the one on there now is way too tight.
This method is iffy at best and you run the risk of getting debris in the
mounting bracket.
        2.  Remove the entire bracket (not quite as easy as it sounds)
and align the center pipe on the bench.  2A  Alternatively, you could get
a used one that is not bent.  They ought to come pretty cheap as it is
usually not a hot item.
        2A is the better option.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com

There is no problem that cannot be solved
with either a checkbook or high explosives.