65 B asketcase

To: "'mgs'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 65 B asketcase
From: Eric Houkal <erictw@mcs.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 09:25:12 -0600
  An acquaintance of mine called last night, wants to divest himself of =
a 65 B that has been in pieces for about 10 years. Car was originally =
disassembled for bad trans, he purchased some parts for repair but never =
got the thing put together. From all the complaints re trans rebuilding =
on the list I don't know if I,m up for this as a project, from his =
description it sounds more like a parts car anyway. I've never seen it =
although I have been aware of it's existence for several years, but his =
description involves parts in several garages, car stored outside under =
a tarp and rusted rocker panels. He did say the floors are intact and =
the engine is not frozen. Car was overdrive/wire wheels. So, Anyway, =
what is the current market value of parts vehicles when the single most =
valuable part (the trans w/od) is the worst part? He is motivated due to =
the village wanting the car off his property but he is also a =
semi-friend so I want to make a fair offer.
This is in the Chicago burbs so I can pretty well bet that rust is more =
extensive than he is aware of. Also, is the trans really that hard to =
rebuild?
Thanks, Eric