Re: What is it, and where can I get one?

Subject: Re: What is it, and where can I get one?
From: "White, Richard H." <White@courier3.aero.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 07:48:00 -0800
REPLY FROM: White, Richard H.

If what you are referring to is the electronic Lucas ignition module mounted
on the side of the distributer, it was in your box for a reason.  The main
switching transistor inside the unit malfunctions, leakage of the transistor
increases with temperature to the point where it stops working.  After it
cools down it starts working again. Many of these were replaced with
oftermarket units and the factory went to another design for the 80 models.
RW

Okay, I'm sick of looking at my forlorn B just sit there - I need to do
something.

I went to the car today and pulled off the faulty ignition module that
needs replacement.

For those who care to have a recap:

I bought the car, which had a Lumenition ignition installed. Dizzy was
frozen and module was going south - very little spark. So, in the box of
"parts" that I got with the car was a Lucas ignition. Dizzy works great.

External box doesn't -

It's a:

LUCAS (In nice bold white on black letters)
AB14 (??) electronic ignition amplifier
(logo) 47263A
Make in UK

I believe that this part is at fault. Where can I get another one of these
guys, preferably USED and definately CHEAP (remember the starving college
[who is contemplating changing his major AGAIN] student bit?)

Any ideas?

BEN RUSET - mailto:bruset@monmouth.com
MG Cars Webring Admin.
MG Cars Webring - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis/mgcars