Re: Name this part, Smiths Ass Sensor, Odd Systems

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Name this part, Smiths Ass Sensor, Odd Systems
From: MGMagnette <MGMagnette@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 11:35:52 EST
 I too am the proud owner of a Smiths Ass Sensor.  If anyone wants it, I will
gladly trade it for one of those handbrake diodes that makes the car start at
random.  BTW. I dissassembled mine and found it to be the cheapest piece of
crap ever to be invented.  The contacts inside are easily bent.  Also, the
rubber straps under the seats stretch out so fast, there in never enough ass
pressure to compress the little thing enough to make the car think anyone is
in the seat.  That miight not be hhave been true then, but that brings me to a
question...

   Does anybody own a vehicle with any of the following systems operating?
        MG ZAorZB Magnette with a ManuMatic Clutchless Manual Gearbox
         MG 1100 or Austin America with a four speed automatic, in the sump
         MGB with ignition buzzer... disconnected but operating versions don't
count.
         Pre-War MG with "Smiths Jack-All" intergral jacking?  (Who else but
MG assume the car would break so much you needed to build in the jacks!)

If you have any of these systems working, or know of any other bizzare British
systems of doing something harder than it has to be done (Example:  Hillman's
with metal bbeads as switches that clump into a hunk of rust....), bring them
up!

   John