Gas tank woes

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gas tank woes
From: Blake Wylie <bwylie@hiwaay.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 12:53:43 -0600 (CST)
Well...I took my gas tank off, and inside, there is a lot of rust.  The
structural integrity isn't lacking, it's just got a lot of debris in there.

So...I have two options...

Get it boiled out :  $30
Problem is, the rust may come back.  They said that it's a chance I have to
take.  I also remember that someone on the list said that the rust came back
on them.  :\

Get a new tank:  $127
This would definately fix the problem.  It's just that I'm about to go
through the oil system and get another oil cooler, so I wasn't expecting
this expense right now.  Plus (let me remind you again) I am a college
student.  :P  That's self explainatory.  heh

So...seeing that I already know what you all are going to say (unless one of
you has an excellent gas tank that would fit a 70-75B)....I guess I will ask
for some extra Christmas cash.  :P

Blake Wylie
1970 MGB (w/o gas tank)