RE: The Ugly Wedgling - Going Off Topic to Safety

To: "EPMD- Van syckel, John" <vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil>,
Subject: RE: The Ugly Wedgling - Going Off Topic to Safety
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 97 15:40:11 -0000
On 20/12/97 1:02 pm EPMD- Van syckel, John said

>The brake light is NOT separate from the turn signal light.  On most
>American cars, when one turns left (for example), the left turn signal
>blinks and only the right brake light goes on.  Because the left brake
>light is blinking - it's the bloody turn signal.  I got the idea from
>spending almost $800 converting my LBC support vehicle (OLBCC), a D*dge
>Caravan, to European specifications.  The mechanic rewired the reverse
>(backup) lights to become the directionals in the rear and then fitted a
>new reverse light on the rear.
><snip>

I must admit, the US cars I've seen appear to have combined indicators
and either brake or rear lights (not sure which). The odd Yank cars we
get in the UK (I think) have to have orange indicators fitted.

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk