Was RE: Classic Cars- Pantera? Ford (NO LBC)

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Was RE: Classic Cars- Pantera? Ford (NO LBC)
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 15:42:03 -0600
C'mon, Rick!
Although I am from a devout "Anti-Ford" family, we both know that the =
351 Cleveland was a helluva motor, as is the 350 (same as in my '96 =
Tahoe, just different induction is all) and the Chevy 327!
My limited years and experience tell me that Ford made some wacky =
engineering decisions, just look at a '76 Mustang "Ghia" (the little =
one) with a 302 stuffed in it --you can't get to ANY of the spark plugs =
due to the emissions and it prob'ly made about 100 hp! But the trucks =
are as tough as the Chevys.=20
For our off-continent friends, there is a strong GM vs. Ford, usually =
friendly, antagonism between Autophile Americans...akin to North vs. =
South and MG vs. Triumph. Not to mention the MOPAR devotees! hehe...
Sorry, had to wade in on that comment about Ford, good iron is good iron =
to me... If my brother heard that, I'd never hear the end of it, though! =
;)
Dan