RE: The Ugly Wedgling...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: The Ugly Wedgling...
From: Grant Shirreffs <Grant.S@greatelk.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 12:00:47 +1300
Here in NZ we have a strange law where an imported car is regarded as a
new car of the year in which it was imported.  Result:  when I brought
my 1970 MGB out from the UK in 1994, it had to conform to 1994 NZ new
car specs.

- retractable seat belts - not dreadful, but not original either
- 'eye-level' brake light - well, it might be eye-level on some cars,
but on the B it comes out, if anything, *below* the usual brake lights.
It looks ghastly.  Almost as bad as a boot-lid rack :-)

Grant Shirreffs
1970 MGB
Auckland, New Zealand