Re: Magnafluxing a Head (price)

To: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Magnafluxing a Head (price)
From: Ray McCrary <spook01@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 16:55:28 -0600
Kai,
It should be pretty cheap to have done.
The process consists of affixing a large magnet to the head, after
cleaning, and sprinkling a special powder onto the area to be checked.  The
powder is then shaken off; it falls away from all areas except in the
cracks, where it stays, revealing the defect.
Here in Nashville, you can have a head checked for $10, but I'm sure that
prices vary..
Ray