Re: MGB Covers & water pools

Subject: Re: MGB Covers & water pools
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 16:55:25 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: ROBERT G. HOWARD <mgbob@juno.com>
To: danray@bluegrass.net <danray@bluegrass.net>
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Friday, December 26, 1997 01:05 PM
Subject: Re: MGB Covers

>Hi Dan,
>  If you decide to use the Technalon cover and a tonneau cover, may I
>suggest that you put a prop of some sort under the tonneau so that water
>dripping from the technalon doesn't puddle on the tonneau and drip
>through the zipper.
>  Something else you might experiment with would be a to hang a cheap
>woven poly tarp over the windscreen and tie it to the hooks for the top
>on the back deck.
>Bob

Actually, this might not be a bad idea.  Even with the tonneau bars and
headrest pockets, if I leave my car out in the rain with the tonneu cover
on, I do get pools of water between the dashboard and the headrest pockets.
None leaks into the car, but I do have to be careful when removing the cover
to keep from dumping it all into the interior.  I though about running some
kind of brace between the padded door rails on each door, kind of like the
tonneau bars you see stretched across the beds of pickup trucks to keep
water from gathering, but my tonneau is already pretty snug, and I'd be
afraid any such setup would just cause the water to run forward off of the
front edge of the cover behind the dash.  Has anyone experimented with this,
or am I the only one with thi problem?
Scott
gardner7@pilot.infi.net