Re: Compressors

To: "Phil Vanner" <pvanner@pclink.com>,
Subject: Re: Compressors
From: "Jerry K" <jkprod@triton.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 13:15:01 -0500
Phil,
The 2 hp Sears compressor that John M is talking about sounds like the same
bullet proof one that I have also had, and beat to death, for ~20 years.
At that time, any compressor that was 2 hp or larger required 220 volts, I
don't know how they do it but now you can get a much larger compressor that
will operate on 120 volts.  Keep in mind, when running the electric for the
compressor that the further you are from your power source, the greater the
voltage loss will be at the motor, and low operating voltage on motors is
not good, it will draw more amps than the rating tag.  Make sure the wire
you use is large enough for the distance you have to run, longer length
requires larger wire for the amperage.

BTW if my memory has not failed, your air tools or blasting will use more
air than a spray gun, so don't be afraid of painting, maybe even a car.

Good luck and enjoy the air

Preserving the "B"reed
Jerry K
3  74-1/2 MGBs