Re: Plugging Oil Filler Cap Vent Hole?

To: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Plugging Oil Filler Cap Vent Hole?
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 09:07:27 -0800
Scott:

First off, did you rebuild the rocker arm assembly? If you did not, you
could be getting excessive oil to the rocker gallery.
You will have to provide a hook up for your cannister. It is easily done by
obtaining a "bulkhead fitting with a 90 degree bend. Insert it in the
drilled hole and lock it with nu inside the valve cover. Then connect the
cannister hose. You are getting to much crankcase pressure under your valve
cover. The little hole in the cap is not enough to relieve this pressure. I
have done this many times with great success. The fittings can be found at
most good auto supply or aircraft supply outlets.

Cheers: