'A' Pig in a Poke

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 'A' Pig in a Poke
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 13:51:08 -0600
Went and looked at an MGA that was for sale ('62 MK II showing 59K
miles). It was so bad off my Elva is starting to look pretty good.

The cockpit area is nothing but air all the way to the dirt with obvious
rust through the frame rails. I would think that the front clip, bonnet
lid, boot lid, doors, engine, tranny, and rear axle are salvable. Also,
most of the chrome trim doo-dads and gauges seem to be there. It seems
to be "all there" such as it is.

The fellow seems to think it's a kilo-buck car.

I ain't buying it and ain't intersted. It's here in Kansas City. Are
MGA's worth that much as parts cars? I always figure with LBCs, for
$1,000 you should be able to at least drive it up onto a trailer.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, 69CGT, 75TR6, 60Elva
"Improve the aerodynamics of a Triumph TR7? Take the Domino's Pizza sign
off the trunk lid."