Re: exits off the interstates on both sides

To: hyoung@dhhmail.dhh.state.la.us
Subject: Re: exits off the interstates on both sides
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 18:12:36 EST
    You have additional opportunities to have your coachwork reshaped in
the Happy Motoring State of Connecticut.
   There is a left exit on Rt 91 in New Haven, conveniently near the
right entrance one uses to get onto 91, to accelerate across four lanes
of trucks, to jam brakes onto this left exit that ramps down 100 yards
and --get this--dead ends, with an earth berm and a wooden barricade to
encourage you to make a 90degree turn onto the remainder of the exit
"ramp".
  On 95 eastbound,  the turnoff for downtown New Haven is a real turnoff,
with a decreasing radius reverse camber turn, to the left, from the high
speed merge lane into 91. This one is decorated with truck metal scraps
from all the semis that overturn here.
  Again on 95, the turn for 395 is a left exit. This one isn't so bad,
because after you have driven it a few times you don't need to see the
signs that are all blocked by overpasses before the exit. It's easy to
follow the busses headed to the sovereign Indian nations and their
gambling resorts. Perhaps the signs are redundant.
  I fear that the cherished left exit is more common than one would wish.
Bob