Vinyl Seat Repair

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Vinyl Seat Repair
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 13:45:51 -0600
Ok, listers, here's a question. One of many I already have! But one at a =
time, right?

We've discussed the paintless dent repair, and it sounds like a great =
option for the '73 B I've yet to schlep up here to Kentucky -- just some =
minor dings.

Any experiences with Vinyl seat repair?
I've seen a kit for $6.95, like the one "advertised on TV". It seems if =
I could repair the relatively small tears in the original seats, I'd =
save some major bucks and aggravation. Right now the owner has black =
electrical tape on them, which is obviously NOT a solution. I'm just =
seeking a reasonable short-term solution, because the brakes and =
electrics are a lot more important. Not to mention the seat covers are =
original, which is kinda neat, I suppose...
TIA
Dan
Ft. Knox, KY