Re: MGB vs TR7. How about something a bit smaller! (with RAT

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB vs TR7. How about something a bit smaller! (with RAT
From: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 18:37:20 -0800
At 6:38 AM -0800 12/30/97, Chris Davies wrote:
>Hello,
>        This is just personal opinion, so ignore me if you like.
>Please remember that these are sports cars. Look in the newspapers any
>week, and you'll probably read about another terrible road accident...

My first car EVER was a '66 Midget.  I was 16.  I paid $200 dollars for it.
I had to tow it home.  The interior was...let's just say Rock Hard Rats
would have looked better...and the body, kinda straight but in 3 shades of
old paint and new primer.  My father helped me pull the head off and get it
re-done and re-install it...and miracle of miracles...it fired up.  I drove
that car for quite a while until I bought my second car...A '68 Midget with
a 1275 (Ooooh) and a hard top...all for $100 (yes one hundred) and that car
I drove home and continued to drive.

I read about accidents all the time, sure, but they involve serious injury
in all sorts of cars...not just small ones.  I think it all depends on the
driver and maybe a tiny pinch of luck.  Also, remember, we're talking about
<100HP sports cars, not Cobras and Tigers.

I hadn't chimed in yet...but I personally think that the spridgets make the
best first (and second) car!  :-)

cTP