Re: Heat in garage (was 220V in Garage?).

To: Bob Gaughan <gaughan@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Heat in garage (was 220V in Garage?).
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 14:39:51 -0500 (EST)
220 would be great you would have a lot more choices when it comes to
welders. I was thinking about a heater for my 3 car garage but with a
ceiling heigth of 17 feet I changed my mind. I felt that it would take
hours to heat. Instead I got a radiant heater that mounts on top of a
propane tank. It heats the things in front of it but not behind it. I
haven't tried it yet so I can't say how it will work. Since I'll be
starting a front end rebuild soon on the B I'll let the list know. If it
does work I should get about 40 hours of heat for $9 worth of propane
...Art