Re: MG 1999

To: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Subject: Re: MG 1999
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 14:02:51 -0800 (PST)
At 02:06 PM 1/1/98 -0800, you wrote:

>BTW, I'm not looking for a "shorter" drive! I'm looking for another
>adventure! Northern Canada, east to west, would be a trek. Why get all
>packed up for camping and all, then only take advantage of all that labour
>for a week or so. Bummer... No way... Besides we didn't make it to Inuviuk
>NWT this summer. Maybe I'll have all the dust out of my system and be ready
>for another go in '99!!
>
>Go for the gusto.
>
>Colorado would be a good starting point. Then California. Then .... who
>knows?! Looks like about 18 months to come up with some "trouble"!

Carol et al,

Plan on Vancouver in the first week of August for GoF West.  After the event
you can go north from there on the Duffy Lake Road.  I'll stack it up
against any sports car road in he world.  Other than the almost car killing
climb at the start of the northern route it's custom made for LBC's.  It's
the route I took on my way south after leaving you Alaska bound trekkers in
100 Mile House.  I posted a report on my trip home but it, like the rest of
my data from that period vanished into the cyber-ether not long after.

`B there, `A!