Dashpot oil & MG songs

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dashpot oil & MG songs
From: Simon Bosworth <simon@hpi50.dsddhc.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 08:58:02 -0600
Happy new year to all,
I wa messing around with the carbs on my 74 GT yesterday, trying to find
a fix for the problem I have accelerating when the engine is cold.  I
noticed that if I lift the piston in the carb it takes about a week to
drop again.  It would appear that the 20W50 oil I have in there has the
consistency of molasses in cold weather.  I am going to try some thinner
oil and see what happens.

On a less LBC related note...what songs include references to MGs?  I
have one to start the list, 'Harvey and Sheila' by Alan Sherman.  Heard
it on Minnesota Public Radio this morning.

Cheers,
Simon