Re: MOWOG (Was:Re: Chrome vs. Rubber)

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: MOWOG (Was:Re: Chrome vs. Rubber)
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 09:58:00 -0500
>The British Motor Industry Heritage Trust, holders of the archive,
>manufacturers of OE parts, have stated in response to this very
>question that the 'G' stands for 'Group' and not 'mG'.  I think you will
>find that all parts so marked came from the Morris/BMC parts bin.
>
>PaulH.

As said before, by I and other members of this list...  why should we
believe them?  I've stated that as theory #3, don't always believe
something you hear.
IMHO, I'd like to see this written down on a document from 1936 and then
you will be able to change my mind.

As I said before I have the original MOWOG thread saved as a large text
file, email me to get it...but here is a clipit from that thread:

"I yield and formally close this thread.  Mike wins!  In a letter from
Anders Ditlev Clausager, Archivist for the British Motor Industry Heritage
Trust, he states that the G was for M.G."

(the author of those words still hangs around on this list and others)

There are a few other very credible people noted in the original thread
that say the G is also for mG.

So we can continue to go on...

David Knowles, what is your opinion?  Any words from your MG friends?

Cheers,

Kai Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net, 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
IRC: irc.mcs.net, #inet-access (my nick: ActiveX or KMR)