MOWOG

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MOWOG
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 18:59:32 -0700
I was cleaning house in my computer and found the following information
about MOWOG.  It is hard to argue with Ray's logic.

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas
===============================
Ray's commentary on MOWOG follows:

I have been told, by a british car nut who knew more about lbcs than any
sane person should, that it stood for MOrris WOlseley Group.  I suppose
it
could be mG, but that seems to lack a certain logic.  If it were to be
MG,
then why not MOWOM?  I mean, the Royal Air Force is not abbreviated RAE.
Morris Garages was not abbreviated MS.  But there may be a different
logic--if MOWOM had been cast on the parts, there would have been an
advantage in that it would read the same backward and forward, but a
disadvantage in that half the people in the world would have been asking,
"What does WOMOW stand for?"

Once we resolve this, we can move on to the question of what to do about
the high cost of medical care.