Re: Piper Cams, noise, etc...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Piper Cams, noise, etc...
From: Wade Massengill <wmasseng@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 22:08:27 -0500
Matt Kulka Wrote:

> Does anyone know if one of those cast aluminum valve covers
> quiets things down?  I know it's an expensive fix for a non-problem, but
> the cat's at the vet, and he asked me to watch his curiousity.

Yes they do. And that's about all they do besides look nice. Mine is
power coated black and co-ordinated with my K&N air filter system with
the MG octagon on it. I paid $200+ to do that. Mid life crisis, I guess.

Another noise reduction thing is to insulate under the hood. The thicker
the better in terms of noise.

And on the subject of noise, I ran some foam weather seal, the kind used
on household doors and windows, around the battery box cover. Wow, what
an improvement! Much quieter.

Wade
Daisy the yellow car is a 70 MGB