Re: TD engine transplant?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TD engine transplant?
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 19:37:29 -0800
About 5 or 6 years ago, I got caught up in a very fast (70-75 mph), early
morning convoy with a couple of TDs to one of the yearly Moss Motors gatherings
in Southern California. They were converted by a local company whose name I
can't recall. Each was fitted with a 4-cylinder English Ford engine and trans.
The front suspension had also been replaced with Ford parts. All of this was
bolt on, so they could be restored to the original if one wished. The total
effect was a very traditional looking sports car which had no trouble at all
keeping up with, or even running away from, freeway traffic.

Regards,
Jerry Causey
1967 MGB GT

Greg Jones wrote about engine transplants for a TD:

> > . . . he is wondering if an MGB engine transplant might be an option.

To which Bob Allen Replied: